Tuesday, January 30, 2007

The reason for the title........

In the school year of 1944-45, I was in the 7th grade. My teacher's name was Miss Clark. I thought she was wonderful. It is the only time I might have been the teacher's pet. It is my favorite class picture because I am sitting right beside her on the front row.

I think she enjoyed the pigtailed tomboy who had wacky ideas and impossible dreams. I signed all my papers as Flying Officer Blair. I can still see her toss her head back to laugh when she heard my reason to her question of why.

"I am going to fly to the moon some day."

I wonder if she has thought of me during space flights. I wonder especially if she did when we actually did land on the moon in 1969. I like to think she did.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh Grams, I love you.

Flying Officer Blair. thats great. :D

Challenge 20/20 teams said...

Welcome to the world of blogging!

Anonymous said...

Dode,you are so "with it". Great Title!

Challenge 20/20 teams said...

More! more!

Andie D. said...

Hi, I'm here through Kara!

I really like the title of your blog and the story behind it. Hope to hear more of your stories soon.

Welcome to the world of blogging. Write whatever you want and enjoy!

amy jamison said...

unbelievable. i have been doing this for more than a year and NEVER get comments.

you post one thing and have 5.

amazing.